July 22, 2020
- 1 cup of Smoke Show BBQ sauce
- Smoke Show spice blend
- 6-pound bone-in pork shoulder
- Salt, pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 12 brioche buns
- ½ cup of stout beer.
- 1 head of red cabbage
- ½ cup of Smoke Show aioli
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp salt, pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 jalapeño pepper
How you’ll do it
- Bring your pork shoulder to room temperature and season nicely with salt, pepper, Smoke Show spice blend, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Bring a cast-iron pot or dutch oven to high heat. (If you do not have these pots, you can use a really hot cast iron pan.)
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees. Sear your shoulder on each side until a nice crust is developed.
- Deglaze the pot with the beer, toss the onion in there, throw the pork shoulder back in the pot and cook for 6 hours in the oven.
- When the pork is done, shred it with a fork, add the Smoke Show bbq sauce. Reduce the liquid until thick.
- In a bowl, mix cabbage, aioli, salt, pepper, honey, and lemon juice.
- Grill the buns and serve with coleslaw.