We know that messing with a classic is not always the best idea, but we hit a home run with our version of a lobster roll that’s got just enough kick and combines all your fave Smoke Show staples.
The lobster is tossed in a warm butter mixed with our maple syrup sweetened Jalapeño Hot Sauce and savoury Herbs de Provence salt for a one of a kind roll that hits the tastebuds.
PREP: 10min | TOTAL TIME: 40min | SERVINGS: 2-4
- Smoke Show Herbes de Provence Salt
- 2 pounds of Atlantic lobster
- 2-3 brioche rolls (Depending on how much lobster you want in your roll)
- 1 celery, sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 tbsp of Smoke Show Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Smoke Show Jalapeño Aioli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you are starting with live lobsters, add them to a pot of salted boiling water. Boil the lobsters for 12-15 minutes until they are bright red.
- Crack the claws, tail, and knuckles and remove the meat. Cut into large chunks and add the lobster meat to a bowl.
- In a sauce pan, cook down the butter until browned. Add the Smoke Show Hot Sauce and the Smoke Show Herbes de Provence salt and mix well.
- In your bowl, add salt and pepper to your lobster. Then gently toss the lobster meat with the warm butter sauce. Add in the aioli, celery and chopped scallion.
- Butter the flat sides of the brioche buns and grill for a few minutes on each side, until toasted. To assemble your rolls, add as much or as little meat as you like. Top with a little extra aioli and some chopped scallion.
- Serve with your favourite sides, such as a fresh salad, coleslaw, dill pickles, french fries, or kettle chips. Enjoy!