October 08, 2021
- Full chicken butterflied
- 2 Tbsp Smoke Show Herbes de Provence salt
- 1 cup of carrots sliced in half (lengthwise)
- 1 cup brussel sprouts
- 1 cup of parsnips cut in half
- 1 cup of potatoes
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4-5 leaves of fresh sage
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sliced lemons
- Season your chicken with the Smoke Show Herbes de Provences salt for 4 hours before cooking. This will guarantee a juicy bird.
- Remove the spine of the chicken with tough kitchen scissors. This technique is called butterfly, and it will make sure the chicken is cooked evenly throughout.
- In a roasting pan, lay your vegetables, your sage and lemons on the bottom of the pan. Cover them with a roasting rack, and place your chicken on top of that. Cover the chicken with the ¼ cup of butter.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and roast your chicken covered with aluminum foil for 45 minutes. Then, remove the foil and cook at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for another 20 minutes, or until the skin is brown and crispy.
- Let your chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving it. Enjoy the chicken with the caramelized vegetables and the jus from the bottom of the pan.