June 15, 2021
For the fish:
- 3 large filets of walleye or any whitefish
- 3 TBSP of Smoke Show Dijonnaise
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1 TSP cayenne
- 1 cup of red cabbage
- 1 cup of napa cabbage
- ½ of fresh dill
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Smoke Show Dijonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 5 large potatoes
- 2 L corn oil
- The first step is to put together the coleslaw. Chop the cabbage into small julienne strips, add them to a large bowl with the dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together the ingredients for that dressing. Combine the lemon juice, the honey, the vinegar, the oil, and the Smoke Show Dijonnaise. Dress the cabbage with that good stuff. The slaw can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days, and is even better after a few hours.
- Next, season the fish with salt and pepper. Then brush with Smoke Show Dijonnaise.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Dunk the fish in the flour mixture, and coat completely.
- Next, chop the potatoes in the ol’ fry shape.
- Fry the potatoes in corn oil, at 350 degrees. The fries should take about 5 minutes to get crispy and golden. Remove them from the oil, and salt them immediately.
- In the same oil, fry the fish for 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve family style on a big platter, or a sheet pan.
- Make sure to have tons of Smoke Show Dijonnaise to dip, dunk or drink.