Corn ribs, ever heard of it?! Flavoured with Smoke Show Chipotle seasoning, these ribs are hot smoky and subtly sweet—and seriously addictive. Ready in 20 minutes and using only a handful of ingredients that you’ve already got in the pantry, consider this your new favourite way to make corn. Plus, they make for the perfect vegetarian snack or side dish.
Why is it called corn ribs?
We like to call these “ribs” because of the way the corn kind of curls in the air fryer when cooked, but you could also make these on the barbecue. Not only is it okay to eat these with your hands, it’s the way to do it! You should eat the kernels off of the center like you would eat the meat off a rib.
How to cut corn ribs
We found the best way to cut your corn ribs is to stand the cob vertically on your cutting board. Then taking a sharp knife, carefully cut down through the center, then cut those in halves to get quarters. You want to try to avoid squashing the kernels so they stay intact on the core.
How to season corn ribs
This dish is extremely versatile and you can season your corn ribs however you like. For this recipe we went with smoky and spicy flavours by using Smoke Show Chipotle seasoning. You could also try a savoury combo with a little garlic butter and Herbes de Provence or even some Zaatar or Jerk seasoning! Serve them with your favourite dip or toppings, like Jalapeño Aioli.
PREP: 5min | TOTAL TIME: 20min | SERVINGS: 2-4
- 4 corn husks
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Smoke Show Chipotle (or to taste)
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup Smoke Show Jalapeño Aioli
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced at the greens
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Remove the husks from the corn and trim the ends off. Stand your corn up on its end and begin to cut the corn ribs. Cut lengthwise into quarters, sliding your knife down the core carefully.
- Create a marinade by mixing together the melted butter, chipotle seasoning and salt. Season the corn by brushing it all over the corn generously so it sticks between the kernels and ensure they are fully coated.
- Lay the corn ribs evenly and in a single layer in the air fryer on a piece of parchment paper or directly on the grills of your barbecue. Air fry or barbecue for 15 mins flipping halfway through.
- Your corn ribs should be nice and browned when ready, with some crispy edges. Serve with some freshly chopped parsley and green onion alongside some Smoke Show Jalapeño Aioli. Feel free to increase the spice by adding a few teaspoons of chipotle powder to your aioli!