We haven’t been able to put down the Habanero Lime hot sauce since it launched and we’ve been addicted to finding new ways to use it. This spicy habanero feta dip recipe is made from roasted red bell peppers, greek yogurt and garlic and would be irresponsible of us to keep it all to ourselves. We kept the spice portions pretty mild but if you're a fan of the heat feel free to add a few extra tablespoons of Habanero Lime to kick it up a notch!
How to make habanero feta dip
This dip hits all the marks when it comes to flavours. It’s sweet, spicy and salty all at the same time. This easy-to-make recipe calls for 8 ingredients and only one step. It’s perfect for dinner parties to serve as an appetizer dip alongside a baguette and crackers or even as a crostini.
All you need to do is toss everything into a food processor, but if you don’t have one on hand you can opt for a blender instead. Be sure to not over do it! Over-processing your dip can make it gritty, plus having some chunks of feta in there adds to the texture. For this recipe we kept the spice intensity pretty mild but if you like it extra spicy toss a few extra teaspoons of Habanero Lime in and blend.
Should you use jarred or freshly roasted red peppers?
You can either use jarred or freshly roasted peppers, it’s entirely up to you. Freshly roasted peppers will have a stronger smokier flavour but will take more time. Jarred peppers are equally delicious and means you can whip up this recipe in under 5 mins.
PREP: 5min | TOTAL TIME: 10min | SERVINGS: 2
- 2 large roasted red bell peppers
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Smoke Show Habanero Lime Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Chili flakes
- Fresh basil
- In a food processor or blender, add the roasted bell peppers, feta, greek yogurt, Habanero Lime, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika and a dash of chili flakes.
- Process or pulse just until the mixture is orange but still a little chunky. Try not to over do it! Having some chunks of feta in your dip will give it some texture and over-processing can make it gritty. Taste and add some additional Habanero Lime if you like it extra spicy!
- Transfer your dip onto a serving bowl and top with extra crumbled feta cheese, a dash of chili flakes and some fresh basil. Serve and enjoy or store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
@smokeshowsauce Spicy habanero feta dip you can make with your eyes closed 🌶🔥 #habanero #fetadip #spicydip #cheesetok ♬ Bloody Samaritan (Cover ver) - BabyC