This isn't just your average chicken stir fry. It's a bold flavour journey, perfect for when you want to spice things up. Garlic adds depth, ginger adds heat and pineapple sweetens the deal. Topped with crunchy peanuts and served over rice, this dish will become an instant favourite.
Ready to give it a try? Follow our spicy stir fry recipe below.
How To Make A Stir Fry Sauce
Perfecting the flavour profile is key to making a delicious, spicy stir fry. With just a few simple ingredients and a dash of creativity, you can craft a tasty sweet and spicy sauce. In this recipe, we begin by combining ginger, garlic and butter with the newest addition to the Smoke Show lineup, our Ginger Pineapple Hot Sauce.
This hot sauce is the secret weapon that takes our sweet and spicy chicken stir fry to the next level. The unique combination of ginger and pineapple adds an extra punch of flavour that totally transforms this dish. Depending on how much heat you like in your food, feel free to add more or less than recommended.
These simple ingredients infuse the chicken with a vibrant zest. All that’s left is to add pineapple, bell pepper, and peanuts for taste and texture. And now, you’re good to go! Dinner is served.
This quick and easy recipe features simple pantry ingredients that you likely already have, but there’s always room for some creative freedom. Feel free to experiment and make it your own.
We chose ground chicken for its convenience, but you can use chicken breast or any other protein instead. For a vegetarian option, consider swapping out the chicken for tofu or your favourite meat alternative. To keep it plant-based, you can also replace the butter with vegan butter.
We served our spicy stir-fry chicken recipe on a bed of noodles but it would be equally as delicious with jasmine rice, brown rice or even white rice. You can’t go wrong with carbs.
Pineapple and Ginger Benefits
Pineapple and ginger aren't just there for the taste; they bring a lot of health benefits to the table. These two zesty ingredients are rich with antioxidants, minerals and vitamins that help you feel your best.
Ginger root has been used as a natural remedy for generations. It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps alleviate discomfort and can contribute to overall wellness. This superfood can also regulate cholesterol levels and blood sugar.
Pineapple introduces a burst of vitamin-c to the dish that helps boost your immune system by strengthening your body’s natural defences. Packed with natural enzymes, this tropical fruit also supports your digestive system and promotes nutrient absorption.
This sweet and spicy dynamic duo don’t only enhance the flavour but also the nutritional value. Filled with fruit, veg and protein, this recipe fits our definition of a healthy dish so EAT UP!
PREP: 10min | TOTAL TIME: 20min | SERVINGS: 2
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 chunk of ginger
- 1 green onion
- 1 pack of ground chicken
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp Smoke Show Ginger Pineapple Hot Sauce
- 1 cup of diced pineapple
- 1 bell pepper
- Asian-style rice noodles
- Soya sauce
- Handful of peanuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preparing all your ingredients. Mince the garlic, green onion and ginger, dice the pineapple and bell pepper.
- Heat your pan over medium heat and toss in butter.
- Add pineapple until slightly brown
- Add olive oil, bell pepper, garlic, green onion and ginger. Let sizzle for about a minute.
- Add in the ground chicken and cook until browned.
- While your chicken cooks, add your noodles to a pot of boiling water and allow to cook for two minutes.
- Add Smoke Show Ginger Pineapple Hot Sauce and soya sauce to chicken. Give it a good stir to coat the chicken in the sweet and spicy sauce.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the noodles are cooked, add them to the pan and thoroughly combine everything together.
- Time to plate your dish. Top your stir fry with peanuts, green onions, and extra hot sauce for more flavour and heat. And now, dinner is served. Enjoy!