Get your sushi fix without making sushi! This Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl made with rice, fresh cubed salmon and topped with our insanely delicious Jalapeño Aioli is the perfect meal for summer.
PREP: 15min | TOTAL TIME: 30min | SERVINGS: 2
- 1 kg sushi grade salmon
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 nori sheet, thinly sliced or crumbled
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup kimchi, store bought
- 4 tbs Smoke Show Jalapeño Aioli
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup rice
- 2-3 tbs sesame oil
- To start, bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil. Pour in the rice, cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil to the rice once it’s done cooking.
- In a small bowl, mix the radishes with the sugar and vinegar. Set aside and let marinate at least 10 minutes so they can absorb the flavours.
- Slice your salmon into bite-sized cubes. A tip is to keep your salmon in the freezer while you prepare you other items. This will stiffen the fish and make it easier to slice.
- Mix with a drizzle of oil, a bit of lime juice, salt and pepper with the salmon.
- To assemble, put the rice in a bowl and garnish with all the ingredients and a generous drizzle of Smoke Show Jalapeño Aioli all over.