Eggplant is one of those vegetables that you could turn into something insanely delicious with very little ingredients. Seasoned with our Zaatar spice mix of thyme, savoury dried herbs and sesame, this recipe is one of those summertime appetizers that will surprise anyone at your table. Add a squeeze of lemon and a little drizzle of Jalapeño Aioli and now we’re talking!
PREP: 15min | TOTAL TIME: 45min | SERVINGS: 2-4
- 1 large globe eggplant
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Smoke Show Zataar spice mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp Smoke Show Jalapeño Aioli
- Lemon juice
- Start by preheating your oven to 400F or fire up your grill.
- Slice your eggplant in quarters lengthwise so you have steak-like slices. Crosshatch each eggplant by adding deep diagonal slices, careful not to cut all the way through.
- Season the slice with a generous amount of salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil and zaatar to make a paste. Brush the mixture generously over both sides of the eggplant making sure to get between slices.
- Place the eggplant on a baking sheet or dish and roast in the oven for 30-45mins or throw them on the grill. Rotate the slices halfway through and cook until tender and juicy.
- Serve with a fresh squeeze of lemon, side of warm rice, cherry tomatoes, Smoke Show Jalapeño Aioli! Enjoy.