If you’re anything like us, summer is about no-brainer recipes and throwing together some concoction of whatever we’ve got left in the fridge. This easy summer salad is loaded with corn, jalapeño, avocado, onion, feta cheese & mint all tossed in a homemade jalapeño lime dressing! Perfect for a quick lunch, picnics & summer BBQ’s.
All the colours from the veggies make it tempting not to want to eat it every which way. We’ve been having it as a side salad, a chunky dip with tortilla chips, even spooned over tacos. Since you can make this ahead of time and scaled to any quantity it’s perfect for large gatherings or family meals.
We went with a simple line up of fresh ingredients, but you could also add in extra veggies like cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers or even a can of black beans or chickpeas. This goes-with-anything salad is also perfect with the addition of any grilled protein like chicken, shrimp, or even tofu!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Smoke Show Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- ½ lime, to squeeze
- Salt, to taste
- 1 can corn kernels
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Smoke Show Jalapeño Hot Sauce, lime juice and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add in your corn.
- Dice your red onion, jalapeno pepper, avocado and feta cheese, if needed, and add it to the bowl with the kernels.
- Add your dressing to your bowl with the corn and toss well. Garnish with freshly chopped mint and serve!