Salmon tartare has always been a no brainer decision when it comes to deciding which appetizer to order from a menu. Realizing how easy it is to make at home also means you can have it whenever you crave it! We’re showing you the Smoke Show twist on your classic salmon tartare recipe.
Which salmon is best for salmon tartare?
When making salmon tartare you’ll want to use fresh wild or farmed salmon rather than anything frozen to ensure you’re getting the best quality fish. One of our biggest tips is to chill your salmon in the freezer for 20 minutes before you’re ready to prep, this makes the fish much easier to dice.
How to make salmon tartare
Salmon tartare is so simple to make and you might already have most of the ingredients already in the fridge. You need to start by cutting the filet into nice cubes. Don't make them too small so that you can actually feel the salmon in a mouthful. Our biggest tip is to place the cubes into a chilled bowl as you work through it to keep everything nice and cold.
The real flavours in this salmon tartare come from the sauce. We like to use a combo of Smoke Show Jalapeño Dijonnaise and Hot Sauce to bring some tang and heat to the dish. Mix these two with shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, chives, and parsley before adding in your diced salmon and it's as simple as that!
What to serve with salmon tartare
You can serve salmon tartare with a variety of different sides. We like to eat it with some fresh tortilla chips or a green salad, but you can have it over jasmine rice or with some noori (seaweed) as well!
PREP: 15min | TOTAL TIME: 20min | SERVINGS: 2-4
- 1 ½ lb skinless fresh salmon filet, boneless
- 4 tsp finely chopped shallot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- 1 1/ teaspoons minced, seeded jalapeño
- 1 tbsp Smoke Show Jalapeño Dijonnaise
- 1 tsp Smoke Show Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- Ice cubes
- Tortilla chips
- Begin by filling a bowl with two-thirds full of ice cubes, and add a second empty bowl on top. This is a pro trick that helps to allow the salmon to stay cold while preparing the sauce.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the salmon into small diced pieces and place in the chilled bowl as you work through it. A tip is to first cut the salmon into 1/8" long strips, cut strips crosswise into 1/8" cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, chives, parsley, capers, jalapeños, dijonnaise, and hot sauce. Add the mix to the salmon and combine well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer your salmon tartare to a bowl and serve with tortilla chips or green salad.
@smokeshowsauce ASMR TARTARE👂🏼#asmr #asmrcooking #salmontartare #tartare #seafood ♬ original sound - Smoke Show Sauce