PREP: 15min | TOTAL TIME: 45min | SERVINGS: 2-4
Quality lamb chops
1 tsp of olive oil
½ cup of pistachios
¼ cup of fresh mint
Salt and pepper
3 cloves of garlic
Juice and zest from 1 lemon
1 tsp sumac
Smoke Show Zaatar seasoning
For the Labneh (you can always buy at the store, but making your own is extremely rewarding)
- 1 cup of natural goat’s milk yogurt
- In a strainer, add the yogurt with a little salt and separate the whey from the labneh. Let time do the work in your fridge.
- Next, season the lamb chops well with salt, pepper, zaatar and the sumac.
- Sear the lamb chop in a cast iron skillet on high heat to develop a nice crust. Then throw the pan in the oven with the garlic cloves for 7-8 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, until the lamb is medium rare.
- Take out the pan of the oven and baste the lamb.
- Let the lamb rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix the labneh with the garlic, lemon juice and zest and the zaatar.
- Slice the lamb and lay it on the labneh, top with pistachios, the mint and the Smoke Show zaatar and a really good olive oil.