August 21, 2018
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- 1 block halloumi cheese, sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbs Smoke Show Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Put the tomato and Smoke Show hot sauce in a blender with the cilantro, shallot, green onion, lime juice, salt, sugar, cider vinegar, garlic. Pulse a few times. This is your aji picante.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Pour the couscous and cook 18-20 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the zucchini and cherry tomatoes in a pan with a drizzle of oil over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes until slightly coloured.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Wipe the pan.
- Put the pan back on the heat and cook the halloumi slices 2-3 minutes on each side until coloured.
- Mix the vegetables with the couscous and the aji picante. Serve and garnish with the halloumi, mint and lime zest to taste.