Our Smoke Show spicy steak marinade will bring some extra excitement to your steaks! It’s an incredibly easy recipe to prepare. It takes just 15 minutes, but adds a ton of flavour to your meat. This marinade has the perfect balance of smoky, spicy and sweet to take your grilled steak to the next level.
We all know how satisfying a well cooked steak can be. If you’re a meat lover, there’s truly nothing like it. Steak all on its own is incredibly flavourful, but when you add a subtle marinade with a little kick, you get an elevated fare.
The best part of this spicy meat marinade recipe is how adjustable it is. While we certainly think this recipe is perfect how we made it, you can alter it to your personal taste! Do you prefer your food to be a little less spicy? No problem. Make sure to adjust the quantity of Smoke Show Hot Sauce to your liking. Are you a garlic lover? Just add more garlic to your marinade. The possibilities are endless!
WHAT TYPE OF MEAT IS THIS MARINADE GOOD FOR?
This recipe is perfect for all types of steak. Tenderloin, porterhouse, filet mignon, hanger, flank, sirloin, or any other type of steak.
Even if you’re not the biggest fan of steak, you can still utilize this recipe. You can switch out steak for different animal proteins such as chicken, pork, or even fish. Vegetarians, don’t fret, this versatile marinade can even go on plant based proteins! It literally goes with everything.
HOW TO GET A PERFECT STEAK, EVERY TIME.
In order to achieve perfection with your steak marinades, there are a few things you have to pay attention to. Taking precautions with these small steps is simple yet crucial.
- Our number one tip for a perfect steak is to let it sit out until it gets to room temperature. Cooking a steak straight from the fridge is a recipe for disaster, causing uneven cooking, overcooking or undercooking. Letting it get to a neutral before grilling ensures the best cook and tenderness.
- Our second tip is relating specifically to marinating. There’s a fine balance between allowing the flavours of the marinade to penetrate the steak, and over marinating. If you let it sit in the sauce for too long, the acids will start to toughen up the meat. We recommend letting the steak sit in the fridge in this marinade between 2 and 6 hours for optimal flavour and texture.
- Our third tip is whether you’re cooking your steaks on a barbecue, stove top, or any other type of grill, let the cooktop get hot before putting your steaks on to cook. Starting to grill your steaks when the surface is not yet heated will once again result in an unevenly cooked steak, and you run the risk of over or undercooking.
- Our fourth tip is to invest in a meat thermometer. This may seem skippable, but hear us out. A meat thermometer is the best and most reliable way to get your steaks to your desired state every time. Do some research on the type of steak you're cooking, and see which temperature best suits it.
- Our final step is to let the steak rest before cutting and serving.This is one of the most important things you can do to make sure your steak is as good as can be. If you slice it right away, the juices leak out, lending to a dry steak. Letting your steak sit right after taking it on the grill allows it to retain its juices and moisture, which is how you get that perfect tenderness.
HOW TO COOK SPICY STEAK MARINADE
Cooking this spicy steak marinade is the easiest part. Simply crush the garlic cloves, transfer them to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, and mix them all together. Put the marinade in a bowl or bag with the steak, allow it to sit in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours, as we previously recommended, grill, and enjoy the deliciousness!
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of Smoke Show Hot Sauce
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- Crush the cloves of garlic
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Marinate your steak