April 26, 2017
- 1 burger bun
- 1 medium beet, peeled
- 1 tsp beet juice
- 1 cup ground beef or veal
- 4 tbs Smoke Show Hot Sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 branches of dill
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 small lemon
- 8-10 small asparagus, blanched
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- Put the beet in a pot with water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 20 minutes until tender but still slightly firm.
- Drain and thinly slice. Set aside.
- Put your ground meat in a bowl with the garlic, Smoke Show sauce, salt and pepper. Form a patty.
- Heat a pan on medium high heat. Cook the meat patty about 3 minutes on each side.
- Put the feta cheese in a blender with the whipping cream and 1-2 tbs of Smoke Show. Mix until combined.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the juice of half a lemon in a bowl.
- Place the bowl over a pot with simmering water. The bowl should not touch the water.
- Slowly add in the butter while whisking until the sauce thickens. Add the beet juice, salt and pepper and mix. Set aside.
- Spread the whipped feta on the burger bun and garnish with the beef patty, asparagus, beet slices and hollandaise.
- Add some dill, the other bun and enjoy!