In our humble opinion, candied nuts are seriously underrated. They pair well with virtually everything. Toss them on a charcuterie board, or in a bowl as a side snack to any meal. They’re versatile, Since we believe that everything could use a little spice, we’ve added a special twist to this traditional recipe. These are not just the nuts you find in an old jar in the back of your grandmas cupboard. They're addictive, with a perfect blend of sweet, salty, and spicy.
The best part about this recipe? It’s incredibly easy to execute. Even the most amateur of chefs could whip these up in no time. They’re sure to impress.
- Pour the Smoke Show Hot Sauce and maple syrup into a saucepan on medium high heat. Be careful and pay attention to the heat, you don’t want to burn the sauce!
- Once the sauce starts to boil, add the sprig of rosemary. This will give your sauce a delicious added flavour.
- Keep heating your sauce until it turns syrupy, then add your almonds, mix, and transfer to a bowl.
While we created this recipe with almonds, you don’t have to stay within those lines! Our recipe could work with a variety of different nuts. Think walnuts, pecans, peanuts, or a mixture of them all. Get creative!
- 2 tbsp Smoke Show Hot Sauce
- 2 to 3 tbsp maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want your almonds)
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 cup of almonds
- a pinch of fine grain sea salt
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring the Smoke Show and maple syrup to a boil. Add the sprig of rosemary
- Continue heading and stirring until most of the liquid has evaporated from the mixture and there are large syrup-y bubbles forming on the surface
- Add the almonds to the mixture and stir until they're all evenly coated
- Take the pan off the heat and transfer the almonds into a bowl. Add a sprinkle of sea salt
Allow the almonds to cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!!!