Ever since feta pasta broke the internet thanks to TikTok we’ve been searching for different ways to increase our feta intake. After seeing those videos we realized that there are so many other ways you can use feta outside of crumbling it over a salad. Enter: jalapeño whipped feta.
How to make whipped feta
This might possibly be the easiest appetizer ever, yet so incredibly GOOD. We wanted to keep this feta recipe simple and be able to use ingredients that you might already have in the fridge. What we got was a pretty bomb whipped feta recipe that’s so creamy, so flavourful, and just game-changer.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this jalapeño feta dip. The two most important items are a good block of feta cheese and cream cheese. Essentially you could make your dip with these two ingredients alone, however we like to add a little heavy cream to smooth everything out. For toppings, we found our favourite way to make it was to first heat the garlic, hot sauce and spices up in some hot oil and pour it over the feta dip right before serving.
How to eat whipped feta
We’ve been eating our feta dip with toasted naan, but you could slather it on a baguette, top it on pizza, eat it with crackers, it's perfect any way you make it. One of the best things about this recipe is that you can basically add in anything you want to bump up the flavour. We’re clearly fans of spice around here, so we made our version by adding in some diced jalapeños to the cheese blend—phenomenal!
How to serve whipped feta appetizer
Whether you’re getting together with family, hosting a dinner party or doing some easy entertaining, appetizers like this are quick to whip up. What’s also great about this feta dip in particular is that you could make it in advance and put it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. We recommend taking the feta dip out 20 minutes before serving so that it comes back to room temperature, and making the sauce fresh to help keep things warm.
- Smoke Show Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 oz. heavy cream
- 1 large jalapeño, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Red chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your feta, cream cheese and heavy cream should be at room temperature.
- In a mixer, beat the feta for 2-3 minutes. Add in the cream cheese and beat again, scraping down the sides half way through.
- Add in the diced jalapeños and slowly start adding in the cream and beat for another 2 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add in garlic and sauté on very low heat until soft. Stir in the Smoke Show hot sauce and chilli flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the whipped feta drizzled with the spicy oil over top. Top with oregano and freshly ground pepper.
@smokeshowsauce JALAPEÑO WHIPPED FETA DIP. ENOUGH SAID. #cheesetok #whippedfeta #feta #foodtiktok #fetarecipe #smokeshowsauce ♬ original sound - Tru Blume