July 12, 2017
- 1/2 bag frozen crinkle fries
- 1 sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup Smoke Show Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup grated orange cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbs butter
- Put the sirloin steak in a ziplock or a tupperware with the Smoke Show sauce, 3-4 tbs of olive oil, the crushed garlic, some lime juice and the lime zest. Let marinate overnight.
- Cook the fries following the instructions on the bag.
- Heat a pan on medium high and melt the butter until it starts bubbling. Add the flour and mix for 1 minute.
- Add the milk little by little, whisking constantly, until the texture becomes thick and smooth. If it’s too thick, add a bit more milk.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the cheeses. Slowly stir until the cheese has completely melted. Remove from the heat, add pepper and keep warm.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan on high heat. Cook the steak 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board and rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the steak on the fries with the cheese sauce and some more Smoke Show sauce.