PREP: 20min | TOTAL TIME: 1h15min | SERVINGS: 1
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 burger bun
- 1/2 savoy cabbage
- 1 tomato
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- 4-5 tbs mayonnaise
- 3-4 tbs Smoke Show Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 bunch cilantro and parsley
- 1 tbs cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Spice mix: 10ml chili powder - 10ml garlic powder - 10ml paprika
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tbs vegetable oil
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Put in a bowl with the buttermilk, spice mix, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, 3 tbs of buttermilk, salt and pepper.
- Mix until the mixture is clumpy.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and tomato.
- Chop the herbs.
- Mix the cabbage with the sugar, herbs, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey and the juice of half a lime. Add 2-3 tbs of vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the Smoke Show hot sauce and a bit of lime juice to get a delicious jalapeño dressing.
- Cook the bacon until crispy or desired doneness.
- Heat a small pot with 2 cups of oil on medium high. Be careful and watch your oil so it doesn’t burn.
- Bread the chicken strips in the flour mixture.
- Dip in the hot oil using tongs until golden, crispy and cooked through.
- Remove from the oil and put on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Assemble the sandwich with the Smoke Show mayo, bacon, chicken tenders, tomato and cabbage slaw. Enjoy!
This week's sandwich: it's crispy, spicy and tangy. That's all you need to know and all you need for a mouthwatering sandwich!