September 19, 2017
- 2 cups grated orange cheddar
- 2 cups grated monterey jack or jalapeño havarti
- 1 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup chorizo, casing removed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 tbs sour cream
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup Smoke Show Hot Sauce
- Mix the cheeses with the flour in a bowl.
- Heat a pan on medium and cook the chorizo until it begins to render. Add the onion and continue cooking about 5 minutes. Transfer the chorizo to a bowl. In the same pan, add the beer stirring and scraping up the browned bits, about 2 minutes.
- While whisking, add the cheese mixture in 2-3 times until it is well blended.
- Stir in half of the chorizo mixture and the Smoke Show sauce.
- Garnish with the rest of chorizo, sour cream, cilantro, paprika and jalapeño pepper.
- Serve while hot and melty with the tortilla chips.